Home Inspector Shakopee | Home Inspection 952-456-4810
A home energy audit or energy evaluation or energy assessment is exactly as it sounds. Much like any audit that is performed on finances, jobs or companies, an audit will assess all of your home’s energy uses and outline all of the specifics. In simple words, a home energy audit is a process that helps you to identify where your home is losing energy and what steps you can take to improve energy efficiency. A home energy audit is something that every homeowner should be doing every two to three years in order to ensure maximum efficiency and spending.
By performing a home energy audit, you’ll be able to find room to save energy and money and help reduce your carbon footprint. Apart from this, it also assesses health and safety issues that might exist in your home. You’ll also be setting a standard for your family and helping yourself better understand exactly how you use energy every day, and what types of methods you can take in the future in order to prevent it from happening in excess.
What are the benefits of a Home Energy Audit?
- Save Money: The very first advantage of performing a home energy audit is that it will help you save money on your utility bills depending on what kind of upgrades you make to your home. You could save 5% to 30 % on your electricity bill by making upgrades identified in your home energy audit.
- Reduce Carbon Footprint: When you reduce your energy needs, it will automatically reduce your carbon footprint which can reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Fixing air leakage, proper insulation, using maximum daylights, changing old appliances with energy efficient ones, using less electricity for heating are few of the ways that can help reduce your impact on the environment.
- Save Energy: Improper insulation and leaky windows are two most common things that cause air leakage. Just by fixing these two things, you can reduce much of your energy needs. Although there might be other lot of things on the list to save energy, these two things together are the most effective ways to save money and energy.
- Ensure Health and Safety: Safety for your family should be of utmost priority to you. During a home energy audit, a home is inspected for health and safety. The audit team uses advanced tools and techniques to check if there are any electrical or other hazards, ensure wiring is done properly and it will not lead to electrical fires, test for fuel leaks in furnace, perform combustion appliance zone testing on all combustion fuel powered appliances.
- Set a Standard For Your Friends and Relatives: Doing an energy audit can help you identify the ways to save energy for your home. This way you can set as an example for the rest of the people and let them know how you managed to bring down your electricity bills and what steps they can take to take advantage of the same. By adopting small energy saving methods by large number of households can certainly bring down energy consumption and make this planet safe for our future generations to come.
Home Inspector Shakopee | Home Inspection 952-456-4810?